I believe there are a group of unsung heroes, who do so much and often don't get many thanks. I am talking about the families of the deployed soldiers. On the personal level, while I am away, Sarah has to deal with everything I am used to doing; house repairs, yard work, etc. All on top of school and home work, which is endless, and she still finds time to spoil me over here as much as she can. The support I get from her is amazing, and I can never thank her enough.
I consider us very lucky however, even though we are making sacrifices, I know others who have so much more to deal with. One wife has taken over running her husbands business while he is here. I hear many fathers talk about what they are missing out of there children's lives; Their son getting his drivers license, "He'll be driving my truck!" (scary!), Fathers who will have missed their child's first 2 birthdays due to the extension, and worse a father whose child was diagnosed with autism. What is on the other side of these sad tales are the amazing spouses, who have to pick up the extra chores, fix whatever breaks, shoulder extra burdens, and do quite a bit of extra parenting to make up for the absence of their partner. They do it out of love of their spouse, and love of their country.
So if you know a military spouse, especially one acting as a single parent, please send them a kind note or a quick phone call to let them know they are appreciated. I thank you all again for your continued support. I truly believe we, the caring families and friends in America, is what makes our country great.
Monday, January 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Charlie, you never cease to amaze me. I'm so proud of the man that you are. I'm very proud of Sarah also. This has been an enormous sacrifice for you both & I'm blessed to watch how you are getting through this together.
Love you,
Kathy
Charlie
I am the proudest Mother in the world to have a son like you.
May God's blessing be upon you every second of every minute of every hour of every day.
you are the greatest
love ya and miss you
mom
Chavez, you said it! There need to be more people like you in the world, and things would be much better for us all. We are proud of you and count the days till you are home again. We miss you! Love, Becky and the boys
Post a Comment