Sunday, March 25, 2007

Our Afternoon Field Trip

For the last month or so we have had some fellow Minnesotans here from the Air National Guard, 148th Fighter Wing out of Duluth. They have a much shorter stay here than we do, and don't think we are polite and don't give them crap about that. We recently took an afternoon and went over to see their operations. They provide air support for the troops around my area, we really appreciate what they do for us out there. Below are some photos of our "field trip".

The ironic thing is the prison I work at is just across the street from the airstrip these same jets take off from in Duluth. I watch them fly while I'm at work. Here, one of the routes that I run a few times a week goes right past them, so I see the same planes taking off here as I do at home.

One of the pilots was there and we were able to talk with him. We had a few guys with us that run missions outside the wire, they were anxious to pick his brain about ways they can work and communicate better.


It just so happens that this was the units youngest, and lowest ranking pilot, who is on his first tour here. However, he is the only one of them who has had the opportunity to drop a live bomb... Just a little bit of bragging rights for him.

I will be going on my little excursion to Qatar in the next couple of days, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear from me for a little while. I'm not sure what kind of internet access I will have.

1 comment:

mom said...

Those are some pretty coooool pictures and you look pretty coooool yourself sitting on that plane. you look like a natural.

Keep smiling

love
mom