Wow is this deployment getting long! Now that we are starting to repeat holidays here in country that fact really hits home. We have been reflecting a lot lately with things like, "Remember what it was like last year at this time?" and "If I'm still here with you guys next year I'm going to be very mad!". We tend to joke about things getting worse so that they don't seem so bad now. We start new rumors about getting extended (again), I've said that if that happens I'm ordering a flat screen TV and surround sound system for my room. We josh each other about planning our next Christmas party together. Really, it's anything to keep our minds off of how long we have left, and to make light of the situation.
I just want to say that I miss you all and hope you are having a wonderful Easter. Since my favorite part of Easter (robins eggs) was sent to me, aside from the family time which is impossible to get here, I have everything I need. Thank you all again for your support.
A little bit of landscaping humor by the 148th Fighter Wing.
2 comments:
Hi Squirt,
Happy Easter to you too. I'm glad that you got Robin Eggs, those are my favorite too! We sure miss you, it will be wonderful to have you home again for holidays.
It is mind boggling to think that we've driven more than half the distance to you in the last 2 weeks! We put on 4400 miles & your sign says Duluth is 7462 miles! That is insane! I wish we could get to you but I don't think there is a road we could take to get there.
Keep your chin up, bro. Every day is one day closer.
Love you,
Kathy
I wouldn't suggest taking any roads here... at least without armed escorts, that is a lot of driving you have done. Hope things are getting better for you.
Post a Comment