Tuesday, April 24, 2007

My bags are packed and I'm ready to go.

There hasn't been too much going on here lately, at least that I can talk about in this blog anyway. Which can be very frustrating when I try to write home, I have a hard time holding a good conversation with people. Many things have been changing for us, which is going to lighten my work load quite a bit. This is a good thing since my counterpart will be leaving at the end of next month to attend a school. I won't drown like I did last week. It was fine for that short time, but if I had to do all of that the last couple of months I think I would implode.

The new excitement around here has been packing. We are going to be shipping one of our connexes back to the states soon. So we are packing up all the extra stuff we have been toting along and hiding away for the last year or so. It's amazing what you acquire in a year. Nothing to this point has gotten us more excited for going home than actually packing to go. I know we still have a ways to go yet, so reality will inevitably set in and we'll come down off of our high. But for right now we are feeling pretty good.

Before I go, I want to thank everyone who has sent me care packages, they have been very nice and usually brighten my day quite a bit. Below is a picture of the front of my locker holding the magnets you all sent to me. I'm not sure what I will do with them when I get home yet, but I'm sure I'll figure something out. Worst case, we'll just have a fridge full of magnets. You can never have too many of them, right?


1 comment:

Goetze's said...

Yeah!!! That has got to be an exhilerating, wonderful feeling! I hope that it will last as a long as possible! I'm guessing then, that if we send packages...make sure everything is edible so you don't have to move it again!!?!? Thanks for sharing the great news!

Love you & God Bless,
Kathy