Tuesday, May 1, 2007

La Cucaracha

For those of you were wondering what kinds of critters and things were around the Iraqi desert you can visit a website recently created by a friend of mine. It is iraq101.blogspot.com it includes the history of Iraq, the climate, and about half way down it has all sorts of wildlife found here too.


Scorpion statue found on my base.




I also thought I'd share why the rain is such a pain in the butt here.
I'm glad this wasn't my hooch... got a canoe anyone?


1 comment:

Goetze's said...

I'm sure glad that you clarified that it was a statue!!!! ew!

I had a dream about you coming home last night. It was so amazing! But then I woke up & I realized that you were still gone. I sure miss you. It was a good dream though.

One might think that the sand would suck all that water right in...guess not, huh!? I'm glad it wasn't your home as well!

Love & prayers,
Kathy