Not much has been happening around here, at least not much out of the norm. I have found a new pass time and way to relax. I have never been one to lay out in the sun, I've always thought it would be boring. I have changed my mind about that after laying on the beach in Qatar, now I plan to go to the pool here on nice days. Who knew it would take me going to a war zone to appreciate something as simple as sunbathing? I have found it relaxing and rejuvenating, when things aren't exploding near by that is. :)
I also recently reached another goal of mine. The other day I finished my 2 mile run in under 13 minutes, which is good enough for the max, 100 points, on my PT test. Speaking of PT tests, I only have one person left to pass it on my remedial PT program. The other few have all passed. So that is some good progress as well.
The weather was warming up and was looking like we would be reaching the 100's soon. However, things have taken a turn and it appears as though they have an Indian winter here instead of an Indian summer. It has gone back to the cooler temps and rainy days we got used to this winter. I know it is still much better than what you all are experiencing, snow in April hasn't happened in a while. I'm sure the heat will be here soon enough, for all of us.
I also recently reached another goal of mine. The other day I finished my 2 mile run in under 13 minutes, which is good enough for the max, 100 points, on my PT test. Speaking of PT tests, I only have one person left to pass it on my remedial PT program. The other few have all passed. So that is some good progress as well.
The weather was warming up and was looking like we would be reaching the 100's soon. However, things have taken a turn and it appears as though they have an Indian winter here instead of an Indian summer. It has gone back to the cooler temps and rainy days we got used to this winter. I know it is still much better than what you all are experiencing, snow in April hasn't happened in a while. I'm sure the heat will be here soon enough, for all of us.
Work as usual.
3 comments:
I am glad you can find enjoyment in relaxing in the sun. I have always thought of that as boring also, but as I get older I find it is a good time to rest in the middle of the day.
Yesterday I sat in the sun reading a book and time got away on me and I now have a bad sunburn.
Congrats to you on making you goal in your 2 mile run.
keep enjoying the sun and looking at the bright side of life
love
mom
Good morning,
Sometimes it does take extreme things to help us appreciate the marvelous, simple things around us everywhere. I'm glad to hear that you have found one more pleasant blessing to enjoy while you pass the time over there. I can't even imagine how jarring it might be to be in the middle of a nap, basking in the sun & to have something EXLPODE! I think it would take me a little time to get back into my 'happy place'!
I'm proud of you in all of your accomplishments! That is a fast 2 miles!!! I knew you could do it! I'm sure all those soldiers appreciate your help in getting them to acheive success as well! You are a blessing to all around you! You always have been! Maybe that's why we miss you so much!
Love you,
Kathy
PS. You are looking good! Thanks for the picture (as usual!)
love you,
Kathy
Post a Comment