Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I want to thank everyone for all the support throughout this never ending tour. Whether it have been thoughts and prayers, emails, letters, care packages, I appreciate it all and I really can't thank you all enough. Some people have been mentioning in emails that they are still planning on sending packages. If you are, please send them soon. I would say by June 1st if possible. Otherwise, if it gets delayed I may not be around to recieve it.

As for those wondering when I'm leaving, when I'll be home, etc. I can honestly say I have no clue. As soon as a plan comes out something changes and it's all back up in the air again. Right now I'm waiting to find out if I can get one of the schools I need for my next promotion. If so, that will dictate both when I leave Iraq and when I'm done and can finally go home.

So at this point I am just trying not to pull my hair out with all the changes, which is pretty much impossible, it's a good thing I keep it short. At least our replacements will be showing up soon, that will be a huge step.

4 comments:

mom said...

Is that you at the top of that building and what building is that?

sounds like it is very hectic over there with all the changes going on.

May God's Blessing's be upon you every day to give you peace.

love
mom

One hot bastard said...

It is me standing on a bunker with the sun coming up behind it. and yes, it has been pretty hectic.

Lizzie said...

Charlie,
I went to a POW memorial yesterday and they were talking about a bunch of you guys coming home. All I could think about was your return. I can't wait to have you back in Duluth. You are in my thoughts and prayers everyday.

Elizabeth

Goetze's said...

Hi Charlie,
I know it is hard to focus on the end when the road ahead of you keeps changing directions, but I hope that you will let God calm your heart & just take one day at a time.

You are in our daily prayers as always...& Sarah too!!

love you,
Kathy