Well, It is that time of year again. When it is so hot that a cool breeze is almost unheard of. Even worse, cold showers are almost non existent too. Which really hurts after I'm done running and I'm trying to cool down. I go to the showers and turn on just the cold knob, but does any cold water come out? No, at first only scorching hot, then it cools down to a bearable temperature. Completely backwards from being home cursing at cold showers when the water heater is acting up, AGAIN.
On another note, I had another reminder as to how long I've been here. Last year in July, we all rushed to the theatre to see the movie 'Pirates of the Caribbean 2'. I remember it was a nice evening and a nice break from the reality that is here. It left us all longing to see the next of the series due to it's cliffhanger ending. Well, little did we know that we would still be here to see the third 'Pirates of the Caribbean' movie. We all plan on going at the next show time that fits our schedule. Hopefully it will be the last movie I go to see at our movie theatre here. I suppose that will depend on how hard up I am for entertainment at the end of this when I'm just waiting to leave.
Sunday, June 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Well, I guess I have 2 opinions....Being one of your three sisters definitely gives me the right to pick on you and call you a dork when appropriate. He He He. On the other hand, seeing where you are and what you are doing, I am so proud of you, I don't think you could ever look like a dork in your gear! Love & miss you!
Carey
P.S. Krista thinks you do look like a dork, but she still loves you!
Well coming from your Mom I do not think you look like a dork, you look like the Charlie that I know and love from the last 28 years of me knowing you.
I am so proud of you.
Keep you chin up and
God Bless you
love
mom
The hat fits your personality .
funny and a lot of fun.
love
mom
Hey Squirt,
I think that it makes you look like you are trying to be inconspicuous! Dark glasses, floppy hat! Trying not to draw attention...without much success! Although, I do have to agree with the 2nd of Carey's opinions! Just to see you brings out nothing but warm emotions...not pointing & laughing!
As for the cold showers...that is odd isn't it!? It would be weird to wait for the water to cool down instead of warm up like we do every morning here! I love all those interesting tidbits that you give us. Quite a different way of life than we are used to. Thanks again, for everything that you've done!
Love you,
Kathy
PS. if you'd like us to dump a cold bucket of water over your head when you get home...I'm sure we could find someone to help us with that!!!
Love you,
Kathy
I agree with all here...there is no hat nor any single piece of gear that could make a brave and sacrificing soldier look like a dork.
Stay the course!
Much love,
~Mona
Well, I happen to agree with my wife that I do look like a dork. She really means that with the utmost affection though, and it happens to be one of the reasons she fell in love with me. :) Being that I don't care what I look like (especially here) and that this hat is more comfortable & practical here, I still wear it without a care in the world.
And I can live without the bucket of cold water, so don't get any ideas.
Post a Comment